What is BIGHERTSBIGIDEAS?
The BIGHERTSBIGIDEAS project forms a package of complementary sustainable transport schemes which aims to improve the local economy and reduce carbon emissions in Watford, St Albans and Hemel Hempstead.
In conjunction with a number of partners, Hertfordshire County Council was successful in securing a total of £11 million of funding from the Government's Local Sustainable Transport Fund, following a bid in 2011.
Who is BIGHERTSBIGIDEAS for?
The package is comprised of innovative and congestion-busting travel options for both residents and large businesses located in the Watford-St Albans-Hemel Hempstead triangle. There is something for everyone:
- New and improved routes and facilities for pedestrians and cyclists;
- Better public transport services for bus and train passengers;
- Innovative new transport schemes for young people;
- New technology for road and bus users;
- Travel planning, education, incentives and behavioural change schemes for local residents, schools and businesses;
- A BIGHERTSBIGIDEAS business network, for sharing best practice and collaboration.
Contact email@example.com for more information.