Teach in Herts Teacher Recruitment Fair 2016
Where can you talk directly to schools about real jobs and discuss your teaching career with experts?
The Teach in Herts Teacher Recruitment Fair will be taking place on Saturday 19 March 2016 between 10.00am and 3.30pm, at Hertfordshire Development Centre at Robertson House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage SG1 2FQ.
The event is free to attend and representatives from 100s of Hertfordshire schools will be available to discuss current and future teaching opportunities. In addition, a series of informative and inspiring workshops will be running to support you, whether you are entering the profession, progressing your career or returning to teaching.
- Unmissable tips on applying for your first teaching job
- Induction, support and training programmes for newly qualified teachers (NQTs) in Herts
- Train to be a teacher – the routes available (run by the National College for Teaching and Leadership)
- Returning to teaching – what’s new in education?
- Teaching in the UK for overseas qualified teachers
- TA to teacher - progress your teaching career
- Thinking of a new career path? Re-train as a teacher from another profession
- Why teach in Hertfordshire?
In addition, individual advice surgeries will be running, providing support and guidance on your teaching career and information will be available from unions and on living and settling in Hertfordshire.
The University of Hertfordshire and School Direct providers will also be attending and offering advice on routes into teaching.
Free on-site parking will be available and a free shuttle bus will be running from Stevenage train station.
For full details on the event and to pre-register your attendance, see www.teachinherts.com.