Apply for a school place to start now (in year admission)
Please note that
continuing interest lists for all schools close on Thursday 21 June 2018.
Applications for a place to start in September 2018 and applications to remain
on continuing interest for the 2018/19 academic year will
open on Friday 22
June 2018. You will not be able to apply for a school place for
September or apply to remain on continuing interest prior to Friday 22 June 2018.
Full information about the application and allocation process is available on
our website at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/inyear
If you are applying for a place to start now, please continue:
There are 4 steps:1. Create an account
2. Login and apply for a new school place
• You can list up to 4 Hertfordshire schools. • You need to apply direct to some schools• For schools outside Hertfordshire, contact the relevant school or local authority.
3. Email us your proof of address
• We need 2 documents showing your current address. At least one of them needs to be a council tax bill, utility bill, solicitor’s letter showing completion date or a signed tenancy agreement.• You can scan or take a digital photo of your documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t process your application without this proof of address.
4. Check if the school needs extra information
• Some academies, voluntary aided and foundation schools need you to complete an extra form and return it direct to the school. This is often called a Supplementary Information Form.
We'll let you know if you're successful within 10 working days, after receipt of your completed application (including proof of address and any other documents needed).Many schools aren’t staffed during school holidays so the process may take longer during those times.