The Hertfordshire schools forum is established in accordance with Section 46a of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 and the Schools Forums (England) Regulations.
Please read our terms of reference and standing orders for our membership, meetings and conduct regulations.
Members of the forum
There must be at least 16 members, made up of both school and non-school members. School members are elected by the groups they represent.
Representatives of maintained schools
- 5 primary school headteachers
- 1 secondary school headteacher
- 2 special school headteachers
- 1 nursery school headteacher
- 2 primary school governors
- 1 secondary school governor
- 1 ESC headteacher
- Elected Member representative of Hertfordshire County Council
- 1 representative of 14 – 19 partnerships
- 2 representatives of PVI early years settings
The Executive Member for Education & Skills is invited to attend every meeting of the Forum with speaking rights.
Read our schools forum membership document for the full list of members.
Our schools forum election results September 2019 document shows the election results for academy secondary school and secondary school representatives.
What the forum does
The main functions of the schools forum are:
- to be consulted on the funding formula
- to be consulted on issues in connection with the schools budget
- to be consulted on service contracts where the costs will be met from the schools budget
- to determine a range of financial and budget matters affecting schools.
The forum approves proposals for the Secretary of State in the following areas:
- changes to the operation of the Minimum Funding Guarantee
- the retention and levels of funding for Combined Services, growth in pupil numbers, premature retirement and redundancy costs, admissions and the cost of the Carbon Reduction Commitment
- changes to the Authority's Scheme for Financing Schools
- the central retention (de-delegation) of budgets for matters delegated to schools. (This applies only to maintained mainstream schools and decision-making is restricted to their representatives.)
Upcoming and previous meetings
Meetings are held in public and venues are subject to change.
25 February 2020
6 May 2020
24 June 2020
9 September 2020
18 November 2020
12 January 2021
23 February 2021
5 May 2021
23 June 2021
Contact Caroline Inglis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to join our upcoming meetings.
25 February 2020
15 January 2020
27 November 2019
18 September 2019
26 June 2019
27 February 2019
14 January 2019
Previous meetings (2014 – 2018)