Rewards and benefits
Herts Rewards is the online rewards and benefits system where county council employees can access:
- Generous pay
- Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Great holiday entitlement
- Flexible working – helping you find work / life balance
- Relocation packages for eligible employees.
Discounts at over 800 retailers, including:
- every day shopping
- restaurants and cinemas
- days out, holidays and travel
- insurance (including health insurance).
- Discounts at local companies
- Onsite events and activities
- Discounted local travel.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy additional annual leave
- Lease cars
- Car loans and season ticket loans.
- Carewell – free expert advice, support and specialist counselling
- Onsite wellbeing activities and support groups
- Discounts at local gyms
- Health / dental cash plans and optical care
- Free independent financial advice
- Credit unions
- Access to resources on mental, physical and financial wellbeing
- Employee health and wellbeing champions.
Training and development
We have opportunities that suit lots of different types of learners and the aim is to help you stay at the top of your game. We offer not only face to face training courses but we have various online learning options, strategically focused options such as our Leadership Programme, learning on the job through secondments, a pool of accredited and qualified in-house coaches and mentors or the opportunity to gain professional qualifications as part of your role through our apprenticeship programmes