Sponsors are eligible for an optional ‘thank you' payment of £350 per month, for as long as the guest(s) remains in their accommodation, up to 12 months.
This payment will be tax-free and should not affect the sponsor’s entitlement to benefits or council tax status.
Hertfordshire County Council (the “Council”) will administer these thank you payments to sponsors where requested. We reserve the right to cover administration costs from the tariff, including costs of fraud prevention.
By requesting to receive these payments, you do so under the following terms and conditions:
- Only the named lead sponsor is eligible for the £350 payment per month.
- Lead sponsors can claim for up to 12 months.
- Lead sponsors are only eligible for monthly payments for as long as the guest(s) remain living in their accommodation.
- Only one monthly payment will be given per residential address, regardless of the number of guests being hosted, size, or location of the property.
- Payments will only be issued to those lead sponsors where it is confirmed that they have passed the necessary property and safeguarding checks. All 5 checks must be complete before the Council begins issuing the sponsor payment.
- Fraud checks will be conducted in line with the Council’s anti-fraud processes, including Council Tax liability checks with local district and borough councils.
- Sponsors are not eligible for the £350 monthly payment if they are charging the guest(s) rent.
- Councils will conduct an in-person check after 6 months as a minimum to verify that the guest(s) is still residing at the accommodation but may conduct more checks if they wish.
- The lead sponsor has confirmed via a self-declaration form that all details are correct, that they are not charging rent, and that they agree to notify the Council of any changes.
- The Council will conduct the necessary fraud checks, such as checking the sponsor’s identity, cross-referencing this information against relevant council databases to confirm the correct name and address has been provided, requesting a bank statement from the sponsor, and seeking evidence of the guests' visa.
- The sponsor will be paid monthly in arrears directly into their bank account.
- The onus is on the sponsor to notify Hertfordshire County Council atH4Ukraine@hertfordshire.gov.uk of any changes during the 12 month period following the signing of the self-declaration form.
- Where guest(s) move out before the full 12 month period, the sponsor is eligible to claim the monthly payment if the guest(s) has lived in their accommodation for at least half of the month of departure.
- Where fraud is identified, councils will use their best endeavours to clawback the money, applying their usual counter-fraud and debt collection practices.
- These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time and are subject to change in line with guidance from the Central Government Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.