Code Club Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers to run a Code Club for children aged 9-13 yrs. Using Code Club resources, the projects teach children how to program by showing them how to make computer games, animations and websites.
What will I be doing?
- Have time to prepare for the Code club session each week, which may include organising resources and completing the project you will be doing with the children in advance
- Guide and support children through the coding projects. Project outlines are provided with instructions.
- Be ready to communicate the joy of digital making to a group of 6-10 children per week.
- We start using Scratch to teach the basics of programming and in the future some clubs may progress to teaching the basics of web development using HTML, CSS or Python.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Outgoing and friendly manner and good communication skills
- Comfortable talking and listening to children and their parents or carers
- Confidence with computers, we will be teaching basic programs.
- Interest in coding
- Knowledge of internet safety and security
- Reliability and flexibility.
- Online training is available to make sure you have all the information you need to run a successful Code Club
- A Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) enhanced disclosure check is required
When will I be needed?
Code Clubs usually run for 6 weeks. You will need to commit to attending 2 hours per week for a minimum of 6 weeks.
Where will I be located?
Code clubs are run in selected Hertfordshire Libraries.
How do I find out more?
Apply now or contact us:
Phone: 0300 123 4049