Community archive volunteer
You will be helping to maintain and update the ‘our memories’ network of websites.
What will I be doing?
You will be able to work on all or some of the roles below;
- Edit and upload submitted articles to your chosen website using the editor guidelines
- Maintain the look and feel of the site by creating and amending adverts
Extra editing tasks
- Use PageMaker (Or other imaging software) to manipulate images to create banners and thumbnails
- Record and edit audio clips and upload these to the website
- Research and share your photos and memories of Hertfordshire
- Participate in special projects
- Embed audio clips and videos from other sites such as YouTube and pathe news.
What skills or experience do I need?
- An interest in IT and web design
- An interest in your local communities history
- Good communication skills
How much time do I need to give?
- Time spent volunteering is up-to-you, some people volunteer for a few hours a week, others for a full day
- There will be regular site meetings to discuss this.
Where will I be located?
You will be able to work on the site from home or at any Hertfordshire library.
How do I find out more?
Apply now or contact us: