Community libraries are run by volunteers. You'll be providing a frontline service to library customers as part of a team of volunteers
What will I be doing?
- Dealing with customer enquiries, helping customers to find or reserve books.
- Using the library catalogue for book enquiries and joining new library members.
- Supporting customers to use the self-service kiosks and PCs.
- Putting returned stock back on the shelves and keeping the library tidy.
- Helping with opening and closing up the library, being a keyholder.
- Helping to run library events such as storytime sessions and the summer reading challenge.
- Promoting library stock and new books by creating engaging displays.
What skills or experience do I need?
- An interest in books and using library IT.
- Customer service skills to show discretion and sensitivity to customers’ needs.
- Ability to promote library stock and services to customers of all ages.
- Good social and organisational skills.
- Some volunteers can also assist with library social media accounts.
- Training will be provided as well as long term support from library colleagues.
How much time do I need to give?
- Times to be agreed with your local community library volunteer co-ordinator.
- Volunteering is about you and the time and skills that you have offer.
- Shifts are timetabled according to the library opening hours.
- Most volunteers work at least a two hour shift weekly or fortnightly.
How do I find out more?
For a quick chat to find out more before you apply, please email: