Community Library Volunteer
Community libraries are run by volunteers. You'll be providing a frontline service to library customers as part of a team of volunteers.
Our community libraries need you!
We're currently looking for volunteers in:
What will I be doing?
- Dealing with customer enquiries, including helping customers to find or reserve books.
- Using the library catalogue to help with book enquiries and to sign up new library members.
- Supporting customers to use the self-service equipment such as kiosks, PCs and Library Link.
- Putting returned stock back on the shelves and keeping the library tidy.
- Helping with opening and closing up the library.
What skills or experience do I need?
- An interest in books and using library IT.
- Discretion and sensitivity to customers’ needs.
- Good social and organisational skills.
- Ability to work safely and reliably in a team.
How much time do I need to give?
- Times to be agreed with your local community library volunteer co-ordinator.
- Shifts are timetabled according to the library opening hours.
How do I find out more?
For a quick chat to find out more before you apply, please email: