CreatorSpace Champion Volunteer
You will be helping people to use specialist technology and improve their IT skills in our CreatorSpaces.
CreatorSpaces have specialist technology including iMacs, 3D printer, Raspberry Pi kits, iPads and Android tablets, digital sewing and embroidery machines, software including LogicPro, Final Cut Pro, Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop and coding resources.
What will I be doing?
- Assisting people with the specialist CreatorSpace technology
- Assisting people with IT on a one-to-one basis
- Promoting health and safety using computers and other equipment
- Providing support and guidance on using the IT and other equipment and keeping a log of help given
- Passing on any technical problems or information enquiries to library staff
- Promoting the CreatorSpace volunteer role.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Knowledge of one or more of the specialist CreatorSpace technology
- Knowledge of the computer and the internet safety and security
- Good communication and social skills
- Discretion and sensitivity to customers' individual needs
- Reliability and flexibility.
- Interest and knowledge of basic IT skills:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- web-based email
- using a scanner
- data saving using storage devices
When will I be needed?
You will agree a weekly timetable of sessions, usually 2-3 hours a week.
In addition, we have the following opportunities:
Where will I be needed?
- You will be based at Watford Central or Hemel Hempstead Library.
How do I find out more?
Apply now or contact us: