CreatorSpace is an area to get creative - from coding to knitting. You will be helping people to use specialist technology.
CreatorSpaces have specialist technology including iMacs, 3D printer, Raspberry Pi kits, iPads and Android tablets, digital sewing and embroidery machines, software including LogicPro, Final Cut Pro, Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop and coding resources.
What will I be doing?
We have 2 volunteer roles: Champion volunteer and Creative Group volunteer.
As a Champion volunteer, you will:
- Assist people with the specialist CreatorSpace technology either in groups or on an individual basis
As a Creative Group volunteer, you will:
- Assist people during the groups, either in groups or on a one to one basis, to help them use the creative equipment available i.e. sewing or embroidery machine, digital cutter etc.
- Help to set up and tidy away after sessions, and make sure people feel welcome
In both roles, you will:
- Pass on any technical problems or information enquiries to library staff
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, one or more of the specialist CreatorSpace technologies or equipment
- Good communication and social skills
- Reliability and flexibility
When will I be needed?
- You will agree to attend specific sessions/clubs/events, for example Code Club after school, weekly for 6-week periods.
- If you are a creative group volunteer, you will volunteer on a weekly basis or for a specific number of weeks.
Where will I be needed?
- You will be based at Watford Central or Hemel Hempstead Library
- In 2019 St Albans Library will also have a CreatorSpace
How do I find out more?
Apply now or contact us:
0300 123 4049