IT Champion volunteer
You will be helping people to improve their IT skills throughout the county.
What will I be doing?
- Assisting people with IT on a one-to-one basis
- Promoting health and safety using computers and browsing online
- Provide support and guidance on IT problems
- Promote the role of IT champion
- Pass on any technical problems or information enquiries to library staff.
What skills or experience do I need?
- Knowledge of basic IT skills:
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Browsing the internet
- Social networking
- Using a scanner
- Web-based email
- Knowledge of internet safety and security
- Good communication and social skills
- Sensitivity and discretion to people’s needs.
How much time do I need to give?
- You will agree a weekly timetable of sessions, usually 2-3 hours a week
Where will I be located?
Your local library or a library to suit you (agreed with your manager).