Library Events Volunteer
You will help library staff run and promote our events.
What will I be doing?
- Help to set up equipment before the event and tidy up after
- Greeting guests at the door
- Ensure everyone has a seat
- Put refreshments on the table for the speaker
- Promote library events
- Serve refreshments to guests
What skills and qualities do I need?
- An interest in libraries and the services they offer
- Organisational skills
- Good communication
- Ability to travel to libraries
- A warm and welcoming manner
- Reliability and flexibility to work as part of a team
When will I be needed?
- The amount of time you are required to commit will vary.
- Events could take place in the evenings, or at weekends.
Where will I be located?
- Libraries throughout Hertfordshire
- You can volunteer at your local library only or help at other libraries
What will I gain from the role?
- Meet new people
- Work as part of a team
- An opportunity to contribute to the local community
- Learn new skills
- Experience of working at an event
- Opportunity to meet authors, publishers and other speakers
What support will I be given?
- Induction in Hertfordshire Libraries
- Support and guidance in your role
- Any training that may be required
- Agreed travel expenses (where appropriate)
How do I find out more?
Apply now or contact us: