Reading Hack is a national programme led by young people aged 14 to 24 who do activities and volunteering to gain skills and experience and to inspire others to read.
In this role you can:
- Tidy and organise different areas of the library to encourage customers to read and borrow books
- Shelve new and returned library stock
- Find books to satisfy customer requests
- Help customers to use the library
You will gain:
- Increased confidence from doing something new
- Experience of a range of library work
- Satisfaction from seeing the difference your effort makes
- Increased knowledge of literature and the public’s reading habits
- Experience of working with the public
This is suitable for young people working towards Duke of Edinburgh award.
Please be aware that places for some roles are limited and not all opportunities are available in every library.