Summer Reading Challenge volunteer
Help and encourage children to take part in the summer reading challenge.
What will I be doing?
- Talking to families and children about the challenge, encouraging sign-up
- Helping children to find new and exciting books to read
- Assisting at events relating to the challenge throughout the summer
- Assisting at presentation ceremonies
- Help keep the children’s area of the library clean and tidy.
What skills or experience do I need?
- An interest in children’s books and reading
- Comfortable talking and listening to children and their parents
- Friendly manner and good communication skills.
How much time do I need to give?
- You will need to commit to 12 hours volunteering over the summer holiday (July – August)
- Some evenings or weekends in September for presentation ceremonies.
Where will I be located?
A library local to you.
Please note: Some of our smaller libraries are unable to offer volunteering opportunities for under 18s. If you are aged 14-17 and your selected library is unable to offer you a volunteering role, we will contact you to discuss alternative options.
How do I find out more?