Become a Trading Standards volunteer
Be trained to protect consumers from faulty goods and to provide advice to the public and businesses.
What will I be doing?
- Protecting consumers against poor quality goods and services
- Providing information at public events and supporting campaigns
- Advising businesses on legal and quality matters.
What skills or experience do I need?
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and customer focused
- Present information clearly and coherently
- Able to recognise when a situation needs tactful handling
- Good team-working skills
- Ability to give feedback and instructions.
Where will I be located?
Trading Standards are based in Welwyn Garden City, but work throughout the county.
What will I gain from the role?
By volunteering with us you will be:
- Providing invaluable assistance to Trading Standards officers
- Protecting consumers and businesses by investigating unfair and illegal business practice
- Helping to ensure Hertfordshire has safe, strong and healthy communities.
What support will I be given?
You will be given classroom training in all areas of Trading Standards work.
How do I find out more?
Apply now, visit our Trading Standards pages or contact us: