We have leaflets and service information for professionals who work with people involved in domestic abuse, forced marriage, honour-based abuse and female genital mutilation.
The process of reporting domestic abuse
Domestic abuse in Hertfordshire – leaflets and strategy documents
Domestic abuse SDVC's and support services
Forced marriage, honour-based abuse and FGM
Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference
Hertfordshire commissions a new IDVA service
1 October 2016
The Refuge-Hertfordshire IDVA service supports women and men who are experiencing domestic violence and abuse. Refuge is the country’s largest provider of specialist support for those experiencing domestic violence and abuse. Our services change and save lives.
Refuge-Hertfordshire IDVA service provides confidential, non-judgmental, independent specialist support to women and men across Hertfordshire experiencing:
- Domestic violence and abuse
- Coercive control, intimidation, threats, physical abuse, emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse within an intimate relationship
- Forced marriage
- So-called ‘honour’-based abuse
- Female genital mutilation
The service will provide tailor-made:
- One to one support from a specialist practitioner
- Emotional and practical support
- Signposting to local external agencies (such as solicitors)
Call 0300 790 6772 to make a referral (including self referrals) Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm or email the team. Out of hours referrals will be responded to the next working day.
Hertfordshire IDVA Flyer