Your safety is really important to us. It's important we all do our part in keeping each other safe at the HAFLS hubs.
What we are doing to keep you safe
- We are offering a mixture of online and face to face classes
- Increased cleaning to make buildings as safe as possible
- Socially distanced face to face classes
- Keeping classrooms well ventilated with all windows and doors open - please dress accordingly
- Sanitiser stations including antibacterial wipes and Gel
- Face masks are to be worn in communal areas.
What you will need to do
If you are feeling ill, do not come in to a HAFLS Hub.
- If you are feeling unwell stay at home and get tested
- Order a test online immediately or call 119. Please let your teacher know if you have coronavirus symptoms and if you get a positive test result.
- Keep 2 metres apart wherever possible
- Wear a face mask in communal areas unless exempt
- Clean your desk and equipment using wipes when you arrive and when you leave
- Use antibacterial hand gel after cleaning to keep your hands clean
- When your classes have finished, leave the building immediately
- If you notice a learner feeling unwell and are unsure what to do please ask a tutor or member of staff
What to do if you start to feel ill while you are at a HAFLS hub
- Let your teacher know immediately
- Go home as soon as possible and avoid touching any surfaces in the building
- Avoid using public transport to get home
- Stay at home and get tested
- Please advise of any areas you may have touched
- Please advise your teacher of your test result as soon as you receive it. Whether it’s negative or positive, they will need to know.
What you need to do when you when you arrive at a HAFLS Learning Hub
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes before your class starts
- Check into the venue using the QR code poster if you have a phone that enables you to do this, otherwise please sign the Track and Trace sheet
- Observe social distancing and the queuing system
- One person in reception at a time
- Remember your face covering
- Use the antibacterial hand gel upon entry and also when you go into the classroom
- Observe any one way systems or doors with entrance or exit only
- Some sinks, toilets and urinals are marked unavailable
- Respect 2 metre distancing in communal areas
- Some toilets may operate with only one person in at a time
- Wash hands well using soap for at least 20 seconds
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines please contact our office: