Gain finance, employment and skills mentoring support through the Building Better Opportunities programme.
We're working with voluntary and community organisations across the county until September 2019 to deliver Building Better Opportunities, helping you to find work, deal with your debt issues and achieve your full potential.
This programme is supported by The Big Lottery and the European Social Fund.
If you are currently unemployed, find out how the Building Better Opportunities programme can help you by searching for your nearest hub using the postcode search.
Building Better Opportunities hubs offer:
- support that will help improve your skills and CV writing, finding and preparing for job interviews, finding courses and other activities that will help you to achieve your goals
- a place to meet your mentor once you have joined the Building Better Opportunities programme
- free refreshments.
Whichever programme you choose, you’ll receive:
- 1 to 1 mentoring with a personalised plan that’s right for you
- ongoing support to identify and overcome any barriers holding you back for as long as you need it
- help and support for you to achieve positive outcomes such as starting a job or going to college, learning new skills through 1 to 1 support and workshops, as well as gaining work experience through volunteering or work placements
- a safe and local hub which may be available for you to meet with your mentor as well as other organisations that can help you
- a range of short 1 to 1 or group activities including horticulture, crafts and dealing with anxiety
This programme is only available to Hertfordshire residents.
Back to top
Help to get a job - the STRIVE programme
If you’re 19 or over, unemployed and have previously tried to find employment, but the support you received was not successful, then our STRIVE programme could be for you.
You’ll be provided with tailored support to match your interests and needs, helping you move into employment, volunteering or education.
Back to top
Support with debt issues - the MILE programme
If you're 19 or over and unemployed, we can help you overcome any barriers that you may have which could stop you taking advantage of job opportunities.
The MILE programme provides support with general debt issues, (such as support with Universal Credit) in addition to other tailored support to match your interests and needs.
Back to top
Help to reach your full potential - the Youth Futures programme
Our Youth Futures project supports young people who are furthest from the workplace by overcoming barriers and thereby improving their chances of getting training or a job.
To take part, you'll need to be 15-19 years old (up to 21 if you’re a care leaver or up to 25 if you’re a young adult with disabilities) and not currently in employment, education or training.
You’ll receive tailored support to help you work out your training or job goals through regular involvement in fun activities such as youth projects, sports clubs or participating in creative groups.
You'll also have the benefit of support from other voluntary sector organisations along with YC Hertfordshire who'll provide extra support along with work experience opportunities.
Apply online for one of our finance, employment and skills mentoring courses.