Are you aged 16 – 19 (or 20 - 24 with an Education Health and Care Plan), keen to get into work or further study but struggling to find your way?
Study Plus is a free course for those who are not in education, training or employment.
What does it offer?
Study Plus offers:
- Functional Skills: English and maths (Entry Level 3 – Level 2)
- Gateway Award in Employability Skills (Level 1)
- Smaller classes in community settings
- Life skills programme
- Individual support to reach your goals
- Information, advice and guidance for your next steps
- Work-related learning and workshops
- Friendly and experienced team offering additional learning support in class
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Aged 16-19 (or 20 - 24 with a current EHCP)
- Maths and English at Entry Level 3 or above
- A working knowledge of ICT and understanding of Employability skills at the equivalent of Entry Level 3 or above
- Able to commit to a minimum of 16 hours study per week across 3 days
- Able to maintain a minimum of 85% attendance
- Able to complete independent home learning.
Where will I be located?
Study Plus is located in Stevenage, however the course will take place online and via socially distanced face-to-face tutorials.
How do I apply?
Enquire online or contact us by:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 01438 845821
You'll be asked to:
- Complete a referral form and reference
- Attend a virtual or telephone interview to meet the staff, to help determine your suitability for the programme.
A risk assessment may be carried out for Health and safety reasons.