The following section sets out the Awards entry rules and guidelines.
Please note that the Awards 2018 is due to open for entries later in the year, key dates for the entries period and application forms will be posted nearer the time.
Anyone can nominate a project for an award, whether you are a client, architect or contractor wanting to promote your latest scheme, or a local resident who wants to shout about sustainable development in your neighbourhood; we want to hear from you.
Any development is eligible for nomination, no matter how big or small, from individual buildings to large scale developments. Projects include new build, conversion and refurbished schemes in the residential, commercial, retail, education, health and leisure sectors.
Full details of how to enter are coming soon.
An expert panel will assess each award category. Judges are members of the Hertfordshire Design Review Panel and bring together a wealth of expertise in the fields of sustainability, architecture, landscape and urban design.
In assessing the entries, the judge’s will carry out site visits to shortlisted projects. A client contact and/or member of the project team must be available to conduct the site visit with the judges and answer any technical questions about the project. The date and time of site visits will be confirmed after the nominations period closes.
- One winner will be selected for each award category, the judges may also choose to give a special award or commendation to other project(s) within a category
- Judges reserve the right not to make an award where it is felt that the nominated projects do not merit an award
- Judges may consider a project under an alternative award category(s) where it is felt that the project better fulfils the requirements of that category
- Judges must declare any conflicts of interest, judges will be excluded from the judging process for any project that they have been involved with
- The judges’ decision is final, in all aspects of the judging process. No discussions or correspondence relating to the judges decisions will be entered into
- Profiles of the winning projects and feedback will be published on the Building Futures website following the awards ceremony.
Entries are assessed on their overall contribution to environmental sustainability. Awards criteria are provided as a guide for applicants and will be used as appropriate in assessing nominations. Please note the list of criteria is not exhaustive, and projects are not required to meet every aspect within a category.
See more about the Awards criteria.