Hertfordshire's SEND Local Offer is your one-stop shop for information, support, services and activities available for children and young people with special educational needs, and their families.
The Local Offer has been created by parents and professionals.
Who it's for
- Children with a special educational need or disability (SEND), up to the age of 25.
- Parents, carers and other familiy members.
- Professionals and organisations working with those with SEND and their families.
Accessing the Local Offer
If you need help getting online, visit your local children's centre or library. They'll help you search the Local Offer.
You can also call our customer service centre on 0300 123 4043.
What we mean by special educational needs
Special educational needs can affect a child or young person’s:
- ability to learn
- behaviour or ability to socialise and make friends
- reading and writing
- ability to understand things
- concentration levels
- physical ability.
What we mean by disability
A physical and / or mental impairment that has long term and adverse effects resulting in significant impact on daily living and the child's development.
Mental impairment includes:
- learning disability
- developmental delay.
0-25 together service – get support for children and young people with a disability.