Skip to content

Email us

This is where some children and young people find it difficult to listen, understand and communicate with others and need support to develop this skill.

If you're concerned that your child has speech, language and communication problems, speak to your doctor, or health visitor if they're under 5.

My child has speech, language and communication problems

Speak to your school SENco or health visitor for more support and advice. 

You may also get support from the Children's Speech and Language Therapy Service.

Speech and Language Therapists work with children and young people who experience a wide range of difficulties including:

  • Speech and language difficulties
  • Cleft lip and palate
  • Stammering (Dysfluency)
  • Autism spectrum disorders
  • Hearing Impairment
  • Eating and drinking difficulties (Dysphagia)
  • Learning difficulties
  • Physical difficulties
  • Voice disorders