Skip to content

Email us

This is money given to schools and childcare providers to help them support children with the most complex and exceptional needs.

Schools and childcare providers have to apply for the exceptional needs funding. Speak to your childcare provider or school SENCo to discuss getting the funding to help your child's day to day life while in education.

How it works

There are groups of teachers and SEN professionals who meet to decide if the child's needs meet the critieria – this is called an Exceptional Needs Panel.

  • The panel meets to decide who gets the funding.
  • Payments are made termly.
  • Funding stops when the child leaves education.

Exceptional Needs information and guidance for schools