Produced with young people, families and professionals and building upon the standards that already exist, our Professional Promise has been developed to ensure that we're working in a person centred and transparent way as outlined in the SEND Code of Practice.
This provides a set of standards that everyone strives to achieve. Having this in place will mean that professionals will know how families want to be worked with and families will be confident to challenge professionals.
Our promise means that we will:
- be honest about what can be achieved
- aim to get it right first time and continue to learn from our experiences to inform changes
- have the skills to do the job or sign post elsewhere when needed
- work together in an open and honest way
- ensure the views of the child and young person and family will be at the centre of everything we do
- recognise the strengths and abilities of children, young people and young adults and we will build on these
- communicate clearly and appropriately and in the way that children and young people choose
- work together towards positive solutions and outcomes
All professionals working in SEND children’s services such as the 0-25 Together team, Integrated Services for Learning team etc. will work in this way.
Read our full Professionals Promise.