We're working with parents and carers to create a brilliant Local Offer website and digital SEND services.
Working with Herts Parent Carer Involvement, we ran a session with parents and carers on 20 June 2018. Presentation slides from the session.
Parents and carers told us they want our online services to:
- be clear, easy and quick to use
- be convenient (like restaurant booking sites)
- keep you informed of changes
- make it easy to collaborate and share.
Full list of feedback from the parents session
We also ran a similar session with council staff and professionals who work with parents and carers on 27 June. Full list of feedback from the staff session.
Our online survey closed on 20 July. See the feedback from the survey.
During previous Local Offer research, parents asked us to:
- help first time visitors understand the Local Offer and Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- promote the Local Offer more
- remove duplication from the EHCP process
- provide one place for them to complete a guided EHCP process, get progress updates and contact us securely
- recommend more services that could help.
We want to improve our customer service and build trust with parents and carers. They've told us:
We'll be looking at all the feedback and comments we've had over the Summer to help us plan how we can best improve the Local Offer website and digital SEND services