What can you expect from the service?
All schools have an Educational Psychologist they can contact. We can give school wide advice, for example how schools can support behavioural issues in the playground, or we can address concerns about individuals.
Usually, when more specialist support is requested, the pupil must have an Education, Health and Care Plan.
- Give training to staff at educational settings, giving them the confidence to support their pupils.
- Work together with schools in order to plan how to support a pupil's issues when current interventions aren’t working.
- Give advice about Education, Health and Care assessments.
- Work closely with schools and other settings to support them with critical incidents such as serious injury or the death of a pupil or member of staff.
- Work to improve whole school systems and approaches to helping pupils with certain needs.
We provide Contactline just for parents who want to speak to an educational psychologist.
Wednesdays, 2pm - 4.30pm
01992 588 574