Hearing Impairment Specialists and teachers of the deaf support children and young people aged 0-25 with hearing problems.
What we do
We offer specialist advice and support about:
- the development of listening, language and communication
- social-emotional development
- strategies for school and setting staff
- training for professionals
- transition between schools
- the use of hearing technology and specialist equipment
We work alongside staff with a wide range of knowledge, including Educational Psychologists and teachers of visual Impairment, multi-sensory impairment and autism. We work closely with staff in health services such as paediatricians and speech and language therapists.