The Visual Impairment specialists are qualified teachers who work with parents and professionals to support children and young people, whose visual impairments have a significant impact on their development and access to the curriculum.
What we do
If you are concerned about your child's sight, you can contact us for general advice.
We offer a range of advice and teaching including:
- Early developmental skills and visual development
- Modification of educational materials
- Specialist assessment and training in mobility, independent travel and daily living skills
- Support accessing specialist technology
- Advice on special arrangements for internal and external examinations and assessments
- Contribution to statutory assessment, annual reviews and individual programmes of work
- Environmental audits on educational provisions
- Training for professionals