A service for all parents of children and young people with additional needs, aged 0-19 across Hertfordshire
We offer free and impartial support and advice via phone, email or face-to-face (including home visits) as well as:
Plus weekly 'stay & play' sessions for our toy and resource library where you can borrow items such as weighted blankets, bubble tubes and adapted trikes.
The KIDS Independent Support Service provides free, impartial support and information for parents and young people applying for, or transferring to, an Education, Health and Care plan (EHC).
• provide information regarding the application for an EHC needs assessment and what to expect at each stage of the process
• help you to participate as fully as possible in the process and express your views
• support you in communicating with other professionals involved
• support you in preparing for and attending EHC related meetings
• signpost you to other local and national sources of information and support.
Any parent or young person applying for an EHC, or transferring from a Statement to an EHC, can use the service and support is available through the whole process.
You can email us at IS.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01923 676549
There are two HUBs, one in Hertford (East) one in Watford (West) but we support families in any part of Hertfordshire.