Designed for parents and carers or young people with special education needs or disabilities to get help with, amongst other things, the Education Health and Care Plan application and assessment process.
Independent support in Hertfordshire is provided by:
Trained independent supporters can provide:
- Information about what to expect at each stage of the process
- Support with applying for an Education Health & Care assessment, including helping with paperwork
- Support during an Education, Health and Care assessment or transfer from a 'Statement' to enable families to participate as fully as possible.
- Help to prepare for meetings, attend meetings with you and help you to express your views in writing and at meetings and help to communicate effectively with other professionals
- Signposting to local and/or national sources of information.