We provide impartial and confidential information, advice and support to parents and carers of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), and young people and children with SEND.
Contact us for help with information and advice on:
- SEND policy and practice
- What services are available locally
- Personalisation and personal budgets
- Legislation on SEND
- Ways to resolve a disagreement or make a complaint, including mediation
- Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment and those in the process of developing a plan
- Independent support
- Help you prepare for meetings
- Attending meetings or visits when appropriate
- Training and events focused on SEND related topics.
Although current funding arrangements for Independent Support has changed, Hertfordshire SENDIASS staff are trained in Independent Support by the Council for Disabled Children and legally trained by IPSEA (Independent Parental Special Education Advice).
This means they will continue to support parents and young people through the Education, Health and Care (EHC) processes as well as the services listed above.
There are resources and factsheets available
We are always open to suggestions as to how the service can be improved so please let us know.