The Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) workstream of the SEND Transformation programme is addressing a number of key areas including:
- Mapping current activity within PfA, including how the early years strategies might prepare parents/carers to plan ahead for their child
- Undertaking reviews of
- Specialist Post 16 provision, in and out of county
- Independent and supported living options in Hertfordshire and other areas
- Researching best practice for developing independence for children and young people with SEND, including the early years and how families and schools can support this
- Researching and promoting housing pathways for young disabled people, including exploring innovative housing solutions
- Identifying how we develop Employment Pathways including supporting local employers to employ young people with SEND.
All of the work in the ‘understand’ phase is on schedule and will be completed by March 2019.
See here for the latest updates
The SEND Transformation team welcome any suggestions, queries or comments about any of the workstreams. Please email us at SENDTransformation@hertfordshire.gov.uk.