We're working with parents and carers to create a brilliant Local Offer website and digital SEND services.
Working with Herts Parent Carer Involvement, we ran a session with parents and carers on 20 June 2018. Presentation slides from the session.
Parents and carers told us they want our online services to:
- be clear, easy and quick to use
- be convenient (like restaurant booking sites)
- keep you informed of changes
- make it easy to collaborate and share.
Full list of feedback from the parents session
We also ran a similar session with council staff and professionals who work with parents and carers on 27 June. Full list of feedback from the staff session.
Our online survey closed on 20 July. See the feedback from the survey.
During previous Local Offer research, parents asked us to:
- help first time visitors understand the Local Offer and Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- promote the Local Offer more
- remove duplication from the EHCP process
- provide one place for them to complete a guided EHCP process, get progress updates and contact us securely
- recommend more services that could help.
We want to improve our customer service and build trust with parents and carers. They've told us:
We've looked at all the feedback we've had over the summer and used it to draw up a plan on how to improve the Local Offer website and digital SEND services. We've been recruiting to SEND digitial specific roles who will make this all happen.
Once these posts are filled and the plan has been approved we'll start working with customers and colleagues to make these changes.