Over 2 years, we will be investing approximately £3 million to transform the SEND Local Offer. Our goal is to deliver services faster and more effectively to children and young people with SEND and their families. We’ll also be learning how to use our resources more cleverly, so that we can meet the needs of more families in Hertfordshire.
We've identified 3 priority areas for transformation:
Back to top
Transforming Local Delivery networks
Parents, schools and SEND professionals have said that they would like local networks of integrated support with clearer pathways to effective help when needed. We will examine how we can build on local services and community knowledge to provide accessible support, empowering families and preventing issues from escalating by providing the right support at the right time.
Our research includes:
Back to top
- Engaging with schools, settings, support groups, SEND staff and parents/carers to scope the current culture and pressures on local delivery.
- Mapping how our SEND teams are structured and interlinked.
- Streamlining SEND data collection and analysing functions across Children’s Services.
Maximisation of the benefits of digital technology
We're working with parents, carers and SEND professionals to help co-produce a brillliant Local Offer website and improve our digital SEND services. We’ll be reviewing and streamlining SEND processes and developing online application forms such as the request for an Education, Health and Care Plan. We'll also update and improve SEND information online for both families and professionals.
Back to top
Preparing for Adulthood
We want to improve access to independent living, employment and training opportunities for young people with SEND. Our goal is to increase the focus on enabling young people to achieve their desired outcomes, within their local community.
We will address a number of key areas, including:
- Researching best practice for developing independence for children and young people with SEND, and how families and schools can support this.
- Reviewing specialist Post 16 provision, in and out of county.
- Reviewing independent and supported living options in Hertfordshire and other areas.
- Researching and promoting housing pathways, including exploring innovative housing solutions.
- Identifying how we develop Employment Pathways including supporting local employers to employ young people with SEND.
The SEND Transformation team welcomes all comments, suggestions or queries. If you'd like to get in contact please email: SENDTransformation@hertfordshire.gov.uk