It’s been a busy 3 months for Transforming SEND. We've been listening to parents, speaking to young people and interviewing SEND professionals. We've also been meeting with teams and services working within SEND across Hertfordshire.
Here's what's been happening within the 3 priority areas:
Local Delivery Networks
- We brought together 30 leaders working within SEND in Hertfordshire to take stock of where we are now and signalling the move into the ‘Develop & Implement’ stage of the programme.
- This was an important opportunity to work together to shape delivery of the next steps of the programme.
- The session highlighted our common ambition for all our children, young people and SEND families to lead connected lives.
- We conducted 27 interviews with parents to learn about their experiences of SEND in Hertfordshire and better understand the challenges they face. We’ll be sharing some of the outputs from these interviews soon and special thanks to those who took part.
- Thanks also to those of you who have joined or helped to promote the SEND Online Feedback Group. We now have over 150 sign ups who are already engaged in tasks to test the Local Offer website.
- Using what we have learned from the Feedback Group, parent interviews and our discovery activities, we'll be working closely with professionals to start developing proposals around the next steps for enhancing the Local Offer website.
Preparing for Adulthood
- We attended a session at the PfA Providers Network which was well attended by representatives from all the colleges in the county as well as a number of special schools and YC Hertfordshire colleague. There was a wide ranging discussion that will help inform the development of proposals around this strand.
- We’ll be holding an important preparing for adulthood stakeholder workshop in the middle of May. Watch this space for more details.
SEND Information Advice and Guidance (IAG)
There's always work going on to update and expand the SEND Local Offer, develop tools for staff and improve information, advice and guidance around SEND services for children, young people and their families. Read the latest IAG update for what's happening:
IAG update - Issue 7 (December 2018 - January 2019)