'Understanding the EHCP Application process'
A workshop for Parents/Carers who may be considering requesting an Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment and potential Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) for their child. The workshop is also relevant for professionals and young people aged 16-25 who are considering making an application themselves.
The topics covered will be:
- What are special needs? (SEN)
- What are the main areas of SEN?
- What is an Education Health and Care Plan? (EHCP)
- Why might a child need an EHCP?
- How do I make a request for EHC needs assessment?
- What evidence do I need?
- What are my rights in SEN law and those of my child?
- Brief overview of the EHC needs assessment process
Wednesday 15th May
7pm - 9.30pm
Tuesday 18th June
10am - 12.30pm
Kids Hub East,
Divot Place, Hamels Drive, Hertford, SG13 7SP
For any information or to book your place contact Andrea:
£20 per person
Light refreshments included
Young people (18-25)