Sign up for the experience of a lifetime with Vision England! Build your confidence and independence, learn new skills, have fun and make new friends – what are you waiting for? Vision England is an exciting residential programme for young people aged 12 – 17 years with vision impairment, in partnership with the Field Studies Council (FSC). Young people are supported to play a leading role in changing their communities and the environment for the better.
Why sign up?
• Two fun-filled residentials over a year.
• Supported by an amazing team of staff experienced in working with young people with vision impairment.
• You shape the activities you do, which may include conservation activities like coppicing and tree planting, and other activities like wildlife walks, bush craft, hiking and camping.
• Opportunity to gain a John Muir Award certificate (environmental award scheme). Who can apply? You must be:
• Able to attend both residential dates for your chosen venue.
• Blind or partially sighted.
• At least 12 years old on 31 July 2019.
• Aged 17 or under on 1 November 2019. Unfortunately you can only attend the Vision England programme once, to allow more young people to benefit from the programme.
What does it cost? £25 for an Engagement day, Introduction day and two 3 night residentials. Dates and venues for 2019 Engagement Days at the centres are family fun days where you will get a taster of some of the activities you will take part in on the project (11am-3pm) Introduction Days, also at the centres, are for you to find out more about the project, learn more about the John Muir Award, meet staff and other young people, plus a tour of the centre (11am-3pm)
Deadline: Please ensure you apply before your introduction days at your preferred venue.
FSC Juniper Hall, Dorking Surrey Engagement Day: Saturday 9 March Introduction Day: Saturday 22 June Residential One: Wednesday 31 July to Saturday 3 August Residential Two: Sunday 27 October to Wednesday 30 October FSC Castle Head, Grange-Over-Sands Lake District Engagement Day: Saturday 16 March Introduction Day: Saturday 13 July Residential One: Wednesday 28 August to Saturday 31 August Residential Two: Friday 18 October to Monday 21 October FSC Preston Montford, Shrewsbury Shropshire Engagement Day: Saturday 30 March Introduction Day: Saturday 8 June Residential One: Tuesday 20 August to Friday 23 August Residential Two: Friday 25 October to Monday 28 October
To sign up, for more information, or if you’d like this leaflet in your preferred format, please contact us:
Phil Wagstaff, Vision England Project Officer Mob: 07894 598766
RNIB Helpline: 0303 123 9999
Young people (18-25)