DS Achieve is pleased to offer this training event for parents and/or carers of children and young people with Down Syndrome.
The training will be delivered by Claire Ginty, Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist, of Achieve OT.
The course will cover the following areas:
• Fun with the sensory equipment
• What exactly is Occupational Therapy?
• What is sensory processing?
• Sensory Processing challenges for children with Down syndrome
• The impact upon: 1) gross motor skills, 2) fine motor skills, 3) daily living skills, 4) visual motor and perceptual skills, and 5) concentration, attention and learning.
• Experience the challenges for yourself
• How to support your child
Young people (18-25)