Local authorities have a duty to promote the educational achievement of previously Looked After Children (LAC) in their area by providing information and advice to:
- any person that has parental responsibility for the child;
- providers of funded early years education, designated teachers for previously Looked after Children in maintained schools and academies, and
- any other person the authority considers appropriate for promoting the educational achievement of relevant children.
The governing body of a maintained school in England must:
- designate a member of the staff at the school (the `Designated Person') as having responsibility for promoting the educational achievement of post-LAC
- ensure that the Designated Person undertakes appropriate training and has regard to any guidance issued by the Secretary of State.
Virtual School staff will assist in procuring additional information, advice and guidance for post-LAC in Hertfordshire schools.