Our Education Adviser Team:
- offers support and guidance to special schools across the UK, where Hertfordshire Children Looked After (CLA) are on roll.
- advises colleagues in Children's Services, making our advisers well placed to connect professionals between services.
- runs training for designated teachers and other staff working with CLA
- visits schools to support designated teachers and discuss educational provision and strategies to ensure the best progress and outcomes for CLA.
- works closely with colleagues in the early years and secondary phases to ensure effective transitions at each stage.
Where CLA have complex needs, we commission professional partners to carry out annual keep-in-touch visits. They have expertise in working with pupils to make small step progress. Our partners work with the Education Adviser, Primary and Secondary teams. View the Hertfordshire Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer.