Help shape social care services - Hertfordshire co-production board
Our strategic co-production board joins together our senior managers with people who use care services, their carers and organisations who represent them to help us shape adult care services.
We want people to have a say in how the budget is spent and how the services are run.
Who is on the board?
Five people who have experience of adult care services as a service user or carer, five senior managers from Adult Care Services and six people from these community organisations who represent service users and carers:
- Carers in Hertfordshire
- Age UK
- Hertfordshire Care Provider’s Association
- The Learning Disability Partnership Board (LDPB)
The board is co-chaired by Iain MacBeath, Director of Adult Care Services and Leigh Hutchings.
Our terms of reference set out what we want to talk about first: the council's adult care budget, commissioning, disabled transport and how Hertfordshire can be more inclusive to disability.
Meetings, notes and presentations
Subtitles are available by selecting the subtitles/closed captions option on the tool bar at the bottom of the video.
Co-production meeting minutes 22 March 2018 (PDF)
Two of our members attended a transport scrutiny panel – see the evidence they presented. We also wrote to local MPs about transport. Read the response from the Under Secretary of State.
Employer Toolkit – Inclusive Herts
Hertfordshire co-production board worked together on a toolkit to encourage businesses to employ people with disabilities in order to make any workplace more inclusive and accessible.
The Employer Toolkit was developed with service users and carers as a practical resource for employers. It is designed to be used by small to medium sized business/organisations in Hertfordshire and aims to encourage them to:
- Employ disabled people by busting some myths and giving details of all the support and advice available.
- Provide a more inclusive service to people with disabilities and health conditions who may need extra help, time and understanding.
Read about our employment and volunteering project.
Co-production standards and payment guide
The board has produced the following:
- Standards for co-production work in Hertfordshire adult care services. These explain what type of activity should be co-produced, top tips for co-production and how to help people get involved.
- Payment guide – this explains how to pay inclusion fees and expenses to people with lived experience of care, including benefits and taxes to take into account.
- Co-production involvement agreement - to get signed commitment from people who have experience of care services and carers.
Find out more
For more information or to comment on any topics we're talking about please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about co-production at Think Local Act Personal (TLAP).