Why we need your information
The data on this form is being gathered for the purpose of administering your application for Dial-a-ride transport. The information you have provided will be used to allow us to fulfil this duty.
What we will do with your information
The information you give us will be held by the Adult Care Services department of Hertfordshire County Council and will only be used to process your application for Dial-a-ride transport.
We may also share information with the police or other agencies if it is necessary for the following purposes:
- the prevention or detection of crime
- the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- the assessment or collection of any tax or duty or any imposition of a similar nature.
How long we will keep your information
The information that you supply to us will be kept on file for 6 years, as per section 3.33 of HCC’s document retention schedule.
What are your rights?
Hertfordshire County Council will be the Data Controller for this information.
You have a number of rights over the data we collect and hold about you.
- You have the right to be informed about what information we hold about you and how we use it.
- You have the right to request copies of any information the Council holds about you by making a subject access request.
- If information we hold about you is factually inaccurate you have the right to have it corrected.
- You have the right to object to the way we are using your data.
- You have the right to request that your data is deleted. However we may be unable to delete your data if there is a need for us to keep it. In this case you will receive an explanation of why we need to keep the data.
- You can also request that we stop using your data while we consider a request to have it corrected or deleted. There may be some circumstances in which we are unable to do this however we will provide an explanation if this is the case.
- In certain circumstances you may also request data we hold about you in a format that allows it to be transferred to another organisation.
- In the event that decisions are taken using automated processes you have the right to request that these decisions are reviewed by a member of staff and to challenge these decisions.
If you would like to request copies of your data, request that your data is deleted or have any other queries in relation to data which the Council holds about you, please contact the Data Protection Team.
Data Protection Team
Hertfordshire County Council
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or in writing to the address above.
If you are unhappy with the way that Hertfordshire County Council has used your data, or with the way we have responded to a request, you also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk.