What is the EU Settlement Scheme?
If you're an EU citizen it's one of the ways you can apply for Settled Status in the UK so that you can continue living in the UK after December 2020.
Hertfordshire County Council is taking part in a pilot to test the application process that EU citizens will use when the scheme opens fully in 2019.
Find out more about the EU Settlement Scheme.
Am I eligible to apply?
See who is eligible to apply.
You can apply until 21 December 2018 as part of the pilot scheme if you're an employee in the higher education or health and social care sectors.
You’ll also need an Android device to use a Home Office app so the Home Office can confirm your identity as part of the application process.
What if I don't have an Android device?
If you don't have an Android device, Hertfordshire County Council can verify your identity. If you need us to do this:
- Make an appointment to bring your ID document to us. This can be a current valid biometric EU passport or valid biometric residence card. We don't accept national identity cards.
- We will scan and verify your documents for you.
- We won't need to keep your ID document and in most cases you won't be asked to send your passport anywhere else.
- Bring a device that can receive texts or email.
Please note Hertfordshire County Council only carries out identity verifications.
You must contact the Home Office to start your application before we're able to complete the identity verification appointment.
Call the Home Office EU Settlement Resolution Centre on 0300 123 7379 if you need more information.
The cost of the identity verification appointment, charged by Hertfordshire County Council, is £14 including VAT.
This fee is in addition to the application fee payable to the Home Office. This is currently:
- £65 if you’re 16 or over
- £32.50 if you’re under 16.
Book an identity verification appointment
To book an identity verification appointment with us call 0300 123 4045.