Adoption gives children and young people an opportunity for a fresh start as a permanent member of a new family.
If the panel thinks you are suitable, over the next 6 months you'll:
- be added to the Adoption Register
- develop a matching agreement with your Social Worker
- be supported to be matched with children we feel suit you and the skills you have
- be linked with children following selection (We'll match you with children we feel suit you and the skills you have)
- support you before, during and after children are placed
- attend an adoption order and celebration hearing.
If the panel do not feel able to make a recommendation for approval, you will:
- be given clear written reasons to explain the panel’s decision
- have 40 days to request a review.
See our adoption recruitment process chart for your reference.