Call us on 0800 917 0925.
We have foster carers from many different backgrounds. All are committed to helping children and young people.
To be a foster carer you can:
- have your own children or not previously parented
- be single, married or have a partner
- be claiming benefits or be in work
- be in rented accommodation or own your own home
- apply to foster whatever your cultural background or sexuality
- continue fostering past retirement age if you're in good health as you'll need to be able to keep up with children and teenagers.
You need to be over 21 years old and have at least one spare bedroom dedicated to fostering. You don’t need any formal qualifications as we provide training and support.
You need the qualities and relevant experience that will enable you to meet the needs of the children and young people you care for.
Already a registered foster carer?
If you're a registered foster carer from another local authority or independent agency and you're thinking about transferring to Hertfordshire County Council, we'd be delighted to hear from you.
We'll support you through this transition and can offer advice and support. Call us on 0800 917 0925.