- Hertfordshire's substance misuse statistics are generally better than those of England as a whole, but the costs to public health and the demand on public services caused by the misuse of drugs and alcohol are considerable.
- Watford and Stevenage generally experience worse alcohol harm than the rest of the county.
- Substance misuse remains a public health priority for Hertfordshire, due to increases in related hospital admissions and an estimated increase in opiate usage.
Referral and pathways
Over 18 years old
- Spectrum offers clinical interventions, as well as psychological and social support. Treatments are tailored to your needs by a range of professionals, under one roof.
- The Living Room offers intensive, daily support for drug and any other addictions. Treatmentsare abstinence based and follow a structured programme based on the 12 step progress, including peer support. They also have a free creche.
Under 18 years old
Get help if someone's alcohol or drug use affects you
- Carers in Hertfordshire offer support for adults and young people who look after someone with an alcohol or drug problem.
- Family lives provides online and phone advice for parents of under 18's.
- Families anonymous is a support network for friends and family members.