- 1 in 4 people are affected by mental health issues every year
- 15% of people at work have symptoms of a mental health problem
- 15.2 million working days are lost due to mental health problems
- 1 in 5 people take a day off due to stress
Referral and pathways
The main referral pathway for anyone with mental health issues is either self referral or through their GP.
For professional or self-referral for psychological therapy
19 February 2018, 1.30 - 4pm
Masterclass: Student Wellbeing - Event password: publichealth123
A session for professionals working with young people and students. Organised by Hertfordshire County Council and the University of Hertfordshire.
- Spot the signs (suicide prevention) - popular training sessions which aim to increase awareness and knowledge of suicide, and look at practical steps to responding to a person who may be at risk of suicide. Training dates run throughout the year.
- Zero Suicide Alliance - free suicide prevention training
Staff of Hertfordshire County Council can attend a 'mental health awareness' course, which gives a general overview of mental health issues. The course is run regularly and you can sign up through your iLearn account.