There are differences for each street party depending on the size. The basic rule is that they're not disruptive, they're small scale and they're free to attend.
Here are some specific conditions:
- Emergency service vehicles always need access.
- Disabled drivers must be able to access disabled parking bays.
- You'll need to speak to residents who will be affected by the road closure to make sure they haven't got any objections.
- The road closure will be valid for up to 3 days.
- You can only apply to close the same section of road once a year.
- Road closures will only be effective when signs are in place.
- All rubbish must be cleared up.
- You can't damage the road surface.
- Signs need to be clearly visible to all road users.
- If you want to sell alcohol or food, you need authorisation from your local authority.
- You can't charge people to attend the event.
- Music shouldn't disrupt local residents.
- The event can't be publicised, advertised or opened to the wider public.
|Type of road||Price|
|Minor access road - not on a bus route or traffic-sensitive
|Minor access road - on a bus route or traffic-sensitive
|Major access road - not on a bus route or traffic-sensitive
|Major access road - on a bus route or traffic-sensitive
Our fees cover the cost of checking, drafting and advertising a special event order for your road closure.