There are differences for each street party depending on the size. The basic rule is that they're not disruptive, they're small scale and they're free to attend.
Here are some specific conditions:
- Emergency service vehicles always need access.
- Disabled drivers must be able to access disabled parking bays.
- You'll need to speak to residents who will be affected by the road closure to make sure they haven't got any objections.
- The street party road closure is effective for a maximum of 3 days in any 12 month period.
- Road closures will only be effective when signs are in place.
- All rubbish must be cleared up.
- You can't damage the road surface.
- Signs need to be clearly visible to all road users.
- If you want to sell alcohol or food, you need authorisation from your local authority.
- You can't charge people to attend the event.
- Music shouldn't disrupt local residents.
- The event can't be publicised, advertised or opened to the wider public.