Richard Stacey is a Highways Assistant Network Manager. He helps look after various business areas including:
- Winter service
- Permanent Traffic Regulation Orders
- Parking Agency Agreements
- Signs & Lines
- Better Business for All
What do you do at work to make things better for our customers?
I try and keep customers informed about what is happening on our roads as much as possible so they can make informed decisions on journey choices.
What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy helping others and really feeling you have made a difference.
Here are some tips:
- Salt is not a magic powder. It's the best material we have available to treat snow and ice, but just applying it isn’t the whole story. To work effectively it needs to be broken up and distributed by traffic. Always remember to drive to the conditions, allow extra time for your journey and plan your route carefully in bad weather.
- In bad weather ask yourself if your journey is necessary. If it is, see if you can use an alternative form of transport or car share to help reduce traffic on the roads.
- Check our website to find out which roads we salt before making your journey.